Department: Content & Marketing
Reporting: Chief Content Officer
Status: Role is salaried and not eligible for overtime
The Director, Communications will be a senior member of the Content and Marketing Team and will manage the execution of the internal and external communications for VIKTRE.
They will be primarily responsible for the creating, execution and process of delivering VIKTRE’s communications to consumer media, industry media, investors and employees.
The Communications Director will sustain VIKTRE’s reputation for quality, reliability, and customer satisfaction.
The individual will work closely with the Chief Content Officer and CEO to ensure that execution of communication strategies, key messages and press releases deliverables are planned and executed as part of the marketing communications calendar.
This role is full time and based in Toronto reporting to the Chief Content Officer.
• Manage Company Brand and Reputation through the external media communciations
• Ensure public views the organization favorably.
• Create and launch press releases according with VIKTRE’s marketing strategies
• Contact members of the media to set up interviews with VIKTRE athletes and Executives
• Manage a Media database with contacts
• Execute and support VIKTRE marketing campaigns to feature on Radio, TV, Social Media and Digital Media outlets
• Ensure that all speaking opportunities for VIKTRE executives are vetted
• Develop, manage and execute corporate communications strategy, message development, pitch and announcement strategies.
• Develop branding initiatives, internal communications and external media relations.
• Determine communications strategy and execute programs to deliver communications objectives throughout the organization.
• Develop communication strategies for delivery of corporate culture and business strategy, including VIKTRE as For Benefit Organization
• Manage media relations and maximize media opportunities.
• Develop strong relationships with media reps, editor and industry publications
• Develop, manage and execute awards submissions and other Industry Event speaking opportunities.
• Develop delivery and packaging plans for corporate messages.
• Develop internal publications such as newsletters, releases, email announcements, planned publications, on-line, intranet, video, special projects and assignments.
• Create rich and creative media content that is optimized for search engines.
• Hire and train PR assistants and account executives, as needed.
• Graduate degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field and/or equivalent experience
• Experience in working in a Global Organization
• The role of Communications Director is not an entry-level position, so you will need previous experience and a certain amount of training, obtained either on the job or in training.
• Experience with dealing with media at all levels – Consumer and Industry
• Active online presence and familiarity with social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
• Experience writing copy for social media,
• Experience in writing key message documents, Press Releases and Communication Plans.
• Creative, diplomatic, and calm under pressure
• Self-motivated, proactive, and a self-starter
• Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail; ability to prioritize while accurately completing tasks
• Strong background with optimizing media coverage to meet business KPIs, such as customer acquisition, media impressions and digital footprint.
• Strong background in creating original and exclusive communications globally
• Passion for and an intimate understanding of the world of sports; the culture, traditions, language, and leaders
• Familiarity with top global athletes and their social media profiles; as well as the most popular websites in sports, entertainment, and pop culture
• Understanding of different global cultures and geographies (assignment may focus on regions/athletes outside North America)
• Strong analytical, problem solving, multitasking, and time management skills with consistent attention to detail
• Ability to effectively learn and use new social media concepts, tools, and methodologies to support the needs of the business
• Ability to read, interpret specifications, and perform tasks with a high level of competency and autonomy
Department: Business Development
Reporting: EVP, Business Development
Status: Role is salaried and not eligible for overtime
The Director of Inside Sales, is responsible for the management and overall
operation of the Inside Sales department. Included in this role is a) the
support of business development personnel in signing Signature Athletes b)
managing a team of full and part-time employees, independent contractors
and interns, c) overseeing the delivery of quality proposals on time and
supporting the athlete onboarding and contracting process, and d) forging
strong relationships with clients, their management teams, consultants, and
representatives. The Director is also responsible for managing the Inside
Sales department with a service attitude and the highest regard for ethical
conduct while upholding the processes set down by Senior Management.
Included is a requirement for regular reporting of department planning and
performance and overseeing the reporting and data management of the
company’s Client Relationship Management system.
MISSION AND “FOR BENEFIT” APPROACH:
At VIKTRE, our purpose is to support athletes in living their full potential during and beyond their athletic careers. Our mission is to build a global ecosystem connecting athletes to positively influence their lives. In so doing, we wish to entertain and inspire sport fans, offer our employees a rewarding career opportunity, create an extraordinary return for our shareholders, and impact society in a positive way.
At VIKTRE, we believe there is a better way of doing business. We believe that we can serve multiple parties - our athlete partners, our customers, the brands we partner with, our employees, our shareholders, society, and the planet – while making a positive impact on all. Accordingly, we are in the process of becoming a “for benefit” company, one that is committed to delivering value to all of our stakeholders. It is expected that this position would promote, adhere and participate in meeting the company’s goal of being a “For Benefit” organization.
The Director of Inside Sales, will be responsible for providing overall leadership to a team of Inside Sales Associates and Interns. The Director must have a strong understanding of the operations of the company to ensure that proposals and support are delivered on time, while providing a consistently high level of client satisfaction. Holding the inside sales team accountable for goals and targets is critical to achieve this end. Additionally, he/she will be responsible for:
· Planning. In conjunction with VIKTRE’s Senior Management, develop an annual plan that looks at all aspects of the Inside Sales Department. Planning to include resources, tools required and process changes. The Director must have the ability to identify opportunities in the marketplace and strategically and aggressively pursue them to bring new athletes and opportunities into the organization. He/she must have both eyes on the future and develop long-term strategic plans to ensure continued growth for VIKTRE.
· People Management. Manage a team of multi-lingual associates tasked with supporting business development activities globally.
· Industry Engagement. As required, attend industry events to learn, promote VIKTRE and network.
B. Business Development Support
The Director of Inside Sales, will be responsible for managing the team providing direct support to corporate and regional business development personnel. Such support will consider the various language, time zone, and cultural requirements associated with the business development needs. Whenever necessary, the Director will also personally provide direct support. The Director must also ensure that the client's trust and care is never in question, so as not to jeopardize future work with the client and / or his management team. The highest level of ethical conduct is expected. A relationship strategy and an established client rapport with the client will be an asset. Such support to include:
· Scheduling sales meetings as required.
· Coordination of sales events and travel arrangements as required.
· Managing and maintaining the VIKTRE CRM database.
· The participation, assistance and management of Signature Athlete Events, when required.
· Managing the process of creating, maintaining and storing Signature Athlete proposals by:
§ Assigning Athlete specific proposals to individuals of the Inside Sales Team and ensuring that Inside Sales Team are using the current and correct version of proposals.
§ Ensuring two day turn around on proposals is maintained and social media audit information is included. Ensuring data is stored and available for other VIKTRE department use.
§ Ensuring that all proposals that leave the department have been check for quality and content.
§ Managing the process of collecting, maintaining and storing content strategies from Content Team. Ensuring that Inside Sales Team are using the current and correct version of content strategies in the preparation of proposals.
§ Being responsible to inform business development personnel of expected timing of information for proposal if outside the 2-day maximum.
§ Informing Content Team of the number of content proposals submitted in a timely manner.
§ Overseeing proposal turn-over process to Signature Athlete account manager.
§ Track lost proposals information and follow up in new time frame to see if VIKTRE can re-engage.
C. Athlete Prospect Research
The Director of Inside Sales, will be responsible for coordinating prospect research activities. Whenever necessary, the Director will also personally conduct such research. Activities to include:
· Developing and maintaining a database of prospective Signature Athletes across all sports.
· Researching additional prospect sources through social media, trade journals, and other potential sources; and entering data into database and CRM.
· Ensuring database segmentation effectively meeting the requirement of various departments
D. Development of Sales Collateral and Documentation
The Director of Inside Sales, will be responsible for the development of sales presentation, support collateral, case studies, forms, reports, and other relevant materials that are required to support the overall business development efforts of the company. The development of materials may require the support and approval of other departments including but not limited to the Content and Marketing department. Collateral and/or materials may need to be prepared in languages other than English and should be developed as required.
E. Outreach Programs and Marketing Campaigns:
The Director, Inside Sales, will be responsible for managing a variety of outbound marketing campaigns including those associated with:
· Athlete representation and marketing agencies.
· Athlete organizations and associations.
· Other target markets as identified.
The Inside Sales department will also be responsible for directing prospective Signature Athletes or Agency relationships generated from the campaigns, to the appropriate business development personnel. Additionally, Inside Sales will be responsible for directly on-boarding all athletes that do not meet Signature Athlete criteria.
The Director of Inside Sales, will be responsible for the preparation and regular reporting of inside sales activity on a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis. Additionally, the sharing of data with other departments including Client Experience and Finance may be required.
The Director of Inside Sales, will be responsible for training all Inside
Sales Associates and developing a training curriculum for new employees
associated with other departments or regional divisions. The Director will
invest considerable time into the development and growth of talent within
the organization and aggressively and persuasively recruit new talent,
clearly communicating the vision, goals, opportunities and direction of the
company. The training curriculum may need to be prepared in languages other
than English and should be developed as required.
KEY COMPETENCIES DESIRED:
· Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs with strong PowerPoint skills.
· Project management software capabilities.
· Client Relationship Management skills and experience.
· Strong understanding of social media, advertising, sponsorship marketing and sports
Although not a requirement, special consideration will be given to a person that can speak and write in more than one language. English will be the primary language used.
· Has a "driven" leadership style; pushes for results.
· Maintains a high level of commitment and passion for the roles and responsibilities of the position.
· Demonstrates a strong aptitude for sound judgment and critical thinking: always understands key issues and priorities. Is always fair and reasonable.
· Is a visionary; sets realistic, achievable goals, and formulates solid strategies to achieve them.
· Leads individuals and teams using a situational leadership approach. Delegates, mentors, collaborate or coaches’ individual’s teams, depending on the situation. Always leads by example.
· Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills which garner respect from others and motivate them to succeed.
· Utilizes strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Title: Account Manager
The Account Manager will be a key member of the Account Management Team which will oversee and manage all aspects of a VIKTRE athlete, from contract to content collaboration to troubleshooting, ensuring the quality of work is up to the standard of VIKTRE, and that the Athlete (or their representation) is pleased with their VIKTRE experience.
One of the main tasks as Account Manager is to be able to not only construct client briefs and budgets, but to help facilitate the allocation of work within the teams (Sales, Content & Membership), as well as to handle other related administrative duties.
The Account Manager acts as a salesperson for VIKTRE and as the Athlete’s representation within VIKTRE.
This role is full time and based in Toronto, reporting to the Chief Content Officer.
· Build and manage a portfolio of VIKTRE Athletes and monitor all activity within the portfolio
· Liaise between the Athletes (or their representation) and the various departments of VIKTRE
· Establish, nurture and maintain trust-based relationships with the athletes and ensure that their VIKTRE experience is top notch (through phone calls, email, status meetings, etc.)
· Clearly communicate the progress of initiatives, activities and other key objectives to both the athlete and VIKTRE.
· Set, track and meet Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), as determined by VIKTRE
· Knowledge & Passion for sports would be ideal, but is not required
· Degree in Marketing, Business, Sports Management or related field and/or equivalent experience
· Experience with building, maintaining, and growing an active client roster/portfolio
· Excellent communication and organizational skills required; ability to communicate with high-level individuals professionally and effectively (both written and oral).
· Active online presence and familiarity with social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
· Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
· Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time, while paying strict attention to detail; meeting deadlines
· Creative, diplomatic, and calm under pressure
· Self-motivated, proactive, and a self-starter
· Strong analytical, problem solving, and multitasking skills, and the ability to apply consistent attention to needs of the business
· Ability to effectively communicate on technical issues and propose practical solutions with respect to editorial content
· Ability to work effectively in an office environment or remotely and with remote workers (local and abroad)
· Being fluent in a second language would be an asset, but is not required.
VIKTRE is all about the athlete; a private social network for athletes to connect and collaborate; a global public network for athletes to engage with fans and followers; and a 24/7 streaming page filled with compelling content about the world of the athlete, both in and outside the world of sport.
viktre.com – For The Fan
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 /year
Job Location: Toronto, ON
Required Education: Bachelor's